ProjectLipp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ProjectLipp

Dead RSPS. RIP Lippscape

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Official Project Lipp Forums
Webclient Postponed
Download The New Client V1.1!!!
PROJECT LIPP IS BACK BITCHES!!

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Empty
PostSubject: Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure   Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 2:12 am

Well, I'd seen so many of these guides not only on Sythe, but on many other forums. They're all the same old bulk of text, not much detail; the usual. Well I've tried to provide a little more detail in with this guide, so please enjoy.

Choosing a good name.
This is a key part to building your pure, here's a few tips though:

1. No 1337 Speak - Using numbers instead of letters e.g. 5tr3ngth ftw, or 0wn3d n33b or pwn th3 n00b etc.

2. No numbers (If possible) e.g. Ownage Pure22
It's just a completly un-rare and un-original name that makes you look nooby.

3. Don't copy any famous RuneScape players or pkers e.g. Darkmanz321 or Zezima2836 or 3njoy lummy83 etc.

Try to keep it original.

Funding your Pure:
===============

Mining

Woodcutting

Fishing

Shop Investment - Buy eye of newts from Port Sarim and sell on G.E, the Magic Shop at Port Sarim sells them for 3gp each, and on the G.E they sell for around 100gp.

Training your pure!
===============

Training your pure, the most boring part of making a successful F2P Pure! But it's essential, how can you have a good pure without good stats to back it up?

First off you'll want to complete t both the Strongholds, this litterally takes a few minutes.

You'll want to complete the Stronhold of Safety first, as it gives you 10k, and the monsters are non-aggressive (Don't attack you auto-matically)
So here's a short walk-through:

First, enter the dungeon via the 'Jail Enterence' as at this early stage, you cannot enter through the Crevice.

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsafetyenter

Once inside the Jail, your mini-map should look like this:
Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsafetyjailf

Enter the second cell and 'Pull back Poster' it will lead you through a hole in the wall into The Stronhold of Safety.

You'll climb through into the Middle section of the Stronghold of Safety, climb down the stairs into the Lower section.

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure 162xkp

Now that you're in the lower section, just walk across the hall and up the other set of stairs.
Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsafetylower

Now you're back on the middle section, follow this map to the stairs, go up them.
Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsafetymiddlw

Now you're on the upper level, follow this map, the green circle represents the lever that you're supposed to pull to unlock the door. Once you've pulled the lever, head back down the stairs.
Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsafetyupper

Now you're back on the Middle level, head through the gate next to the stairs, you should be in the 'Secure' sector.
Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsafetysecur

Collect your reward, you should recieve two Exp Lamps, Safety Gaunlets and 10k, I recommend you spend the Exp Lamsp both on Strength (Should give 9 Strength), now head back up to the surface, from there head to the Grand Exchange, just East of the Strongholds.
When you're there, you can buy one of two setups:

The Full Iron Steup:

Gives the best F2P Defence bonus (Considering you're 1 Defence) at your level, provides good protection, what most pures use, very basic.

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Ironsetupf2ppuresetupsf
What to buy:

- Iron Full Helm
- Iron Platebody
- Iron Platelegs
- Iron Scimitar
- Iron Kite Shield
- Amulate of Strength
- Any team cape, I always use 36, don't know why. Smile

Other items:

- Safety Gaunlets (Get from completing the Stronghold of Safety)
- Fancy/Fighting Boots (Get from the Stronghold of Security)
- Other Scimitars - You should be all Scimitars up to Adamant now, you'll need them for later training.

Monk Robe Setup

Exactly the same Strength Bonus as the Full Iron Setup, looks better, much better Magic Defence bonus (IMPORTANT), much better Magic Attack bonus, lighter, my personal favorite.

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Monkrobesetupf2ppureset

What to buy:

- Monk Robetop
- Monk Robebottoms
- Amulate of Strength
- Iron Scimitar
- Any team cape, I always use 36, don't know why. Smile

Other items:

- Safety Gaunlets (Get from completing the Stronghold of Safety)
- Fancy/Fighting Boots (Get from the Stronghold of Security)
- Other Scimitars - You should be all Scimitars up to Adamant now, you'll need them for later training.

Whilst you're at the Grand Exchange buying all your stuff, get yourself some food. Since you're not the best yet, I'd advice a low-healing food, something between Shrimp and Trout, whatever you choose, I usually use Trout when at this level.

Now you'll want to complete the Stronghold of Security for some awesome boots, so follow this short guide, and you'll have them in no time.

What to bring:

- Armour (Optional, not overly important seeing as you're running away from the monsters anyway)
- Food (Almost essential, unless you want to wait around in safe-spots until your health has re-charged)
- Run Energy (With the new Rest update, this is easy)

So head to Barbarian Village and climb down the enterence, you should enter the War Sector of the Stronghold (First Level)
Here's a brief map:

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsecurity1st

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Claim your prize, and head down to the Famine Secton (Second Level)
Here's a brief map:
Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsecurity2nd

Once you've got your prize from the Grain of Plenty, head down to the Pestilence Sector (Third Level) (On this level, don't both healing unless you have to, because the prize is an emote, cash and also it restores you to full health)
Here's a brief map:
Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsecurity3rd

Once you've claimed your prize, head down to the final stage, The Death Sector (Fourth Level)
Here's a brief map:
Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Strongholdofsecurity4th

Now you've got your boots! You'll also have some extra cash to spend, but you don't need anything else right now, so now we can get to the TRAINING! *yaayyy*

[1 - 20 Strength] [1 - 10 Attack]
First off, you'll want to head to the Falador Chickens, why Falador you may ask.. Well, for one, Falador Chickens are a lot less crowded, with most the time it being empty. Also, there's a lot more chickens here, so you can train for a long time, very effectivly.

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Faladorchickenstraining

Here's what it looks like on the map:
Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Faladorchickens2trainin

[30 Strength] [20 Attack]

Now you can whip out your Black Scimitar and start killin' stuff!
There's two places that I'd recommend to train at, at this level:

1. Cows

Cow's are very good experience, they have 8 Hitpoints (Adult) and Calfs have 6, so 8x4 = 32 or 6x4 = 24, so you're getting decent exp. Also, the good thing about Cows is their hides, as you probably know, Cows drop Cow Hides which can be sold for around 100 gp, this means that you're making awesome cash, whilst getting decent exp too!
There's two places that you can train on Cows at:

1. Lumbridge Cows

Pros:

- Near a Bank
- Popular, more people to talk to

Cons:

- Too many people
- Cows are spread out

Picture:

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Cows2trainingf2ppuregui

2. Falador Cows:

Pros:

- Not many people
- Lots of Cows
- Not spread out, easy to get from Cow to Cow
- Right next to where you just were

Cons:

- Bank is further away
- Not really many people to talk to - Can get boring

Picture:

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Cowstrainingf2ppureguid

2. Minotaurs

Minotaurs are very good experience, they have 10 Hitpoints, so 10x4 = 40, that's more experience than cows. They also have quite good drops, espeicially if you plan on Ranging later on, they drop: Iron Arrows, Pure Essence (Noted), Copper Ore (Noted), Tin Ore (Noted), and Bones.
They're located on the first floor of the Stronhold of Security and are non-agressive, picture:

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Minotaurstrainingf2pstr

Overly, I think that Cows would be better, but you may choose to you with Minotaurs, bet to try both out.

[30 Attack] [40 Strength]

At this stage, you're really getting good, now you're becoming a decent Strength pure.
At this level now, I recommend you training at Monks, you could've trained there earlier, but then you'd need to later on and you'd already be bored and... o.O
Basically, Monks are very good exp, they have 15 HitPoints, so that's 15x4 = 60 exp per kill, there's 4 Monks at the Monestary, and if you're lucky, you could get 2 to yourself.
Picture:

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure Monkstrainingf2pstrengt

[40 Attack]

I'd recommend you stay at monks still for this stage, just stay there until you get 40 Attack, then you've got the ability to wield the famous Rune Scimitar! *yay* *w00t* *gratz*

[Maintaining Your Pure]

To maintain your pure correctly, make sure you DON'T TRAIN ATTACK ANY FURTHER!!
The point of the F2P Pure is to have the least combat levels as possible, whilst still being able to pack a punch.
40 Attack will be enough, due to the fact that it's simply a req. level, you'll most likely only be fighting other pures that have been built almost identically like your own.
If you want, you can train your Strength up to 60, that will make you hit a lot higher, and will give you an extra 5 - 7 combat levels, but it will be well worth it.

[Options]

31 Prayer - The ability to use Ultimate Strength. Can pay off, but the downside is - It gives you an extra [u]4[/b] combat levels..

Range - If you want to be THE most successful build in F2P, then you may wish to get Range up, this gives many possitive bonus's:

- Green D'hide chaps give decent Magic Defence
- Ability to use fast and powerfull Range Attacks
- More powerfull againts Mages
- A lot more fun and successull.

If you do decide to get Range up, you'll be using the Range/2h steup, they wear:

- Wizard Hat
- Wizard Robetop
- Green D'hide Chaps
- Maple Shortbow/Rune 2h
- Adamant Arrows
- Green D'hide Vambs
- Fancy Boots/Fighter Boots
- Team Cape (Any)
- Amulate of Strength/Amulate of Power/Amulate of Accuracy

I won't go into depth on this section unless I get a few requests, but the basic idea is:
Range them until they're down to just below half-bar, and if you're a decent pure, you should have 60 - 70 Strength, thus when they're half-barred, you should have absolutly so challenge in hitting 20+ with your Rune 2h and getting a nice 'K0' in there.

Hope you enjoyed this guide, if you feel I left anything out, or you have any critism, please post it.
Thanks guys,
Panzy Wanzy

NOTE: I wrote this guide over a year ago, therefore, pictures may be out-of-date and my grammar may not be to it's current standard, I will work on this later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure   Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Sick, i'm going to use the training part of this guide Razz. Something to do in my spare time lol. Made new account called SkullFed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure   Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:06 am

Owner Lippy wrote:
Sick, i'm going to use the training part of this guide Razz. Something to do in my spare time lol. Made new account called SkullFed.

Add me again, I'm called The Grump now, we can be runefags together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure   Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:57 pm

Bai for the cows make it so you can pick up the bones and meat also. The bones around 80gp, and meat 70gp i think. They make quicker invs and more $$$.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure   Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bai's Guide to Creating a F2P Pure
Page 1 of 1