ProjectLipp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ProjectLipp

Dead RSPS. RIP Lippscape

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome To The Official Project Lipp Forums
Webclient Postponed
Download The New Client V1.1!!!
PROJECT LIPP IS BACK BITCHES!!

How to make text glow in Gimp

Go down 
AuthorMessage

How to make text glow in Gimp Empty
PostSubject: How to make text glow in Gimp   How to make text glow in Gimp I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 9:31 pm

Example: How to make text glow in Gimp Imur2t

Difficulty: Noob Friendly

Step 1: Pick your text tool How to make text glow in Gimp 119r0oo. Now put any text you would like, and press the buttons Ctrl+L to bring up your layers dialogue box as you will be using it in this process. The text size can be anything you would like.

How to make text glow in Gimp 21jvcbk

Step 2: Go to your layers dialogue box and right click your text layer that you just made, and click Alpha To Selection. Now you can go up to Select > grow and make it grow 3 pixels. Your text should look like this now.

How to make text glow in Gimp 23h0y08

Step 3: We now get into the coloring part. Press the buttons Shift+Ctrl+N to make a new layer. Now use your Bucket Fill Button How to make text glow in Gimp 21acljb to fill in the text. It should look like this.

How to make text glow in Gimp 1zdq4xj

(You can choose your own colors just click on these --> How to make text glow in Gimp T8ucz5)

Step 3: Go to your layers dialogue box and move your new layer below your text layer. Your picture should now look alittle bit like this.

How to make text glow in Gimp 2wnqtqb

Step 4: Go to select > none and then go to filter > blur > gaussian blur and set the vertical and horizontal blur radius' to 30.0. Your picture should now look something like this.

How to make text glow in Gimp R8s11j

If you would like to make more of a glow just go to the layers dialogue box and right click your layer that you blurred and duplicate it.

If you would like to make it brighter duplicate it and change the mode to dodge.

You can experiment with any mode you would like. Theres alot of possibilities.

Hope this helped good luck with future projects and hopefully you'll be able to use glowing text.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to make text glow in Gimp   How to make text glow in Gimp I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 11:56 pm

This is a newer version of GIMP to mine, it seems to be a lot easier to use. Even on the old version though, this is very simple to do. Nice tutorial.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to make text glow in Gimp   How to make text glow in Gimp I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:28 am

2.6 has been around since Project Lipp was still running. You sure your not getting thrown off by my black theme I put on it? Anyways ty Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to make text glow in Gimp   How to make text glow in Gimp I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to make text glow in Gimp
Page 1 of 1